Tuesday 22 October 2013

Yankee Candle Shopping

Christmas Yankee Candle Shopping


Hi Guys! Hope you are well :-) Just thought I'd talk a little bit about shopping for Yankee candles. I currently am making a wish list of all the Yankee candles I want to buy. I love Yankee candles however I am a bit of a novice when it comes to them. However this year I am determined to get on the bandwagon as I now have a bit more money than last year (when I was a student). In the past I couldn't bring myself to justify spending a good amount of money on Yankee candles as they are not the cheapest brand. However I did try out a few cheaper alternatives, including one only last weekend, a Glade spiced apple and cinnamon candle

which I bought in my local Dunnes Stores on special offer for €2.49. I was immediately attracted to this candle because I love warm spicy scents and this candle smelt amazing in the jar. When I got home I lit the candle and left it on top of my telly, two hours later I still couldn't really smell the candle. I even went outside of my house and back in to see if I could pick it up, but sadly to no avail. You literally have to stand over it and smell it to get the scent, which is a real shame because it is a beautiful scent. In fact I love the scent so much that I would even consider buying three of them (if they are still on offer) and lighting them in my bedroom to see if I get more of the smell. 

Anyway about three hours after I lit the candle I blew it out and went to bed. I went to my boyfriends house for the weekend and when I got back the rest of the candle had been burnt (my sister kk!) But because the scent didn't really envelop the room, I can't say that I am that annoyed. Although I didn't get to take a picture of the candle lighting. One last thing to mention about the glade candle is the little glass it came in is lovely and festive and I will probably use it as a candle holder for a tea light :-)

Now back to my Yankee candle shopping. Here in Ireland it is not as easy to buy Yankee candles. I have been looking online and came across this Yankee tea light Advent calendar that I really want.



Doesn't it look amazing! However it is not available on the Irish Yankee website which means I doubt I will be able to find it in the shops :-( I thought about getting it on the UK site and getting it shipped over but at £21.99 and then £15.00 for p&p I can't really justify it especially when I can buy the wax tarts or the tea lights of the different Christmas scents much cheaper here in Ireland.

Anyway I am going to town tomorrow to buy a new camera, which I will be writing about soon, so when I am in there I will check out the Yankee store in the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre and see what offers are available. Even more importantly if there are not any good offers there I can get a chance to smell the different candles so I know which ones I will like and so can then order online (where it might be cheaper)  

So I will blog tomorrow when I come home about my trip to the Yankee store and what candles I purchased or will be purchasing soon.

P.S: I hope nobody thinks I'm strange for putting this up so early considering we haven't even gotten through with Halloween, but I don't care because the nights are getting colder and darker and I love Christmasy smells :-) 



                                    Thanks for reading
                                          Maggie x


No comments:

Post a Comment